Picton Clinker & Classic Boat Club
- 2023.05 LAUNCH TRIP TO LOCHMARA LODGE
- 2023.04 NELSON DOUBLE HEADER WEEKEND
- 2023.03 ANTIQUE AND CLASSIC BOAT SHOW - ST ARNAUD
- 2023.02 PORT UNDERWOOD RUN
- 2023.01 PICTON MARITIME FESTIVAL
- 2022.11 RUN UP THE TUA MAINA RIVER/SWAMP
- 2022.10 NELSON RUN
- 2022.10 STORM DAMAGE RUN - GROVE ARM QUEEN CHARLOTTE SOUND
- 2022.09 KAIUMA BAY ICE BREAKER
Over the warmer months, usually late September to early May, the club has scheduled on water gatherings. Most of these are around the Sounds, either Queen Charlotte or Pelorus, with at least 2 trips each season based in the Nelson area, and at least 2 trips take place on fresh water. The Friday run, before the Antique and classic boat festival at Lake Rotoiti (St Arnaud) has become a firm favourite and is always well attended.
In addition to messing around in our boats the club takes part in community events for worthy causes. We take an active part in the Annual Picton Maritime Festival by providing a static display of our classic boats and taking part in on water activities.
Boats are also making a welcome invasion at ‘charity ’car shows in aid of the Hospice and more recently the Cancer Society’s national daffodil day fundraiser in conjunction with the Marlborough branch of the Vintage Car Club.
In the cooler months we partake of a mid-winter dinner and try to fit in a preseason indoor activity. During this time members are content to potter and maintain their precious craft ready for the next season.